Retail Crowd

Complete British News World

Archaeologists found a fortress on the border of Kelibia during the Tartar invasion

Archaeologists have also discovered a fortress during the Tatar invasion, as well as pieces of the former church bell and a set of coins on the Kilbia border, said the director of the Archaeological Museum of Joseph Katona Museum in Kismet. MTI.

Zapollux reminded Rosta that Church Hill in Kilbia is located in the Chechari pasture at the foot of the boundary fence, next to the municipal gray cattle hut. Master Georgi Begg of Subotica led the first archaeological excavation in the area in 1913, as it belonged to the northern part of Subotica at the time. During the short excavation, the foundations of the Árpádian Church were excavated. Then Georgi Bebo-Beg found the remains of the dead in an unnatural position, heading down, and also discovered several weapons, arrowheads and spearheads. The master believes that the former temple was destroyed by the Kumans during a Bedouin attack. Excavations also revealed a local Christian community living in apartment buildings around the church. The site was reburied at the end of the works. The director of the Archaeological Museum said the area has been untouched since then, just mowing and grazing there.

As he added, the discoveries made by George Bibó Bige at the beginning of the 20th century have now received additional content, so authentic exploration is essential. With the development of science in recent years, it has become possible to identify the system of fortifications in Szankon and Tázlár that can be linked to the invasion of the Tatars. Based on aerial photographs taken with a drone, it is also possible to determine the circular trench that ideally provided protection in Kelibia. Based on both old and new information, archaeologists believe that 1241-1242. Another site for the destruction of the Tatar invasion was discovered in.

READ  Catalog - Technology - Science - Now the racist algorithm has hit Facebook

Three weeks ago, the staff of the Joseph Katona Museum in Kiskemet began excavating the hill of Klebya in consultation with the mayor of Kilbia. The floor plan of the small brick church of Árpádian was approved, and the system of fences was cut for defense purposes in several places. Although there are no abnormal human remains in the now open area, additional clear evidence of the Tatar invasion came from underground in large numbers. Museum friendly volunteers collaborate Using metal detectors, many metal objects, including weapons, money, belt buckles and jewelry related to the time of the Tatar invasion, were found deep in the earth.

The director of the museum stressed that there is no doubt that this a Exquisitely gold-plated fittings made in French Limoges, which once adorned the cross of the procession church. Several pieces of the church bell were also found, on the basis of which it can be reconstructed in an original form later on. He added that a hoard of 91 coins was found about 200 meters from the church, which its previous owner had hidden underground in the hope that he could return to it later.

The Committee of Educational, Cultural and Local Archives in the village of Kelibia included the archaeological finds of Mount Kelibia Temple in the local archives. After processing and restoration, the finds will be transferred to the competent János Thorma Museum in Kiskunhalas, where the excavation takes place.