Retail Crowd

Complete British News World

EU citizens will not be able to travel to the UK in person from Friday

As of Friday, EU citizens not living in the UK will not be able to use their ID cards to enter British border posts. However, already legally established EU citizens can enter with an identity card for at least four years..

Automatic gates will be used with EU passport

EU citizens who do not live in the UK as a way of life can enter the UK until Thursday using an identity card issued in their home country.

At the end of May, British Home Secretary Priti Patel announced that the rules for identification documents used to enter EU citizens not residing in the UK would be changed on October 1 this year.

Home Office information confirming the end of ID card use on Friday underscores the fact that incoming EU citizens can still use automated ePassport gateways at UK border stations.

They offer an interim period for immigrants

Britain withdrew from the EU on January 31 last year, but EU citizens who have legally and habitually settled in the country by the end of 2020 still retain all the rights they enjoyed until the end of the 11-month transition period following the expiration of British EU membership.

However, they must apply for a residence permit for an indefinite period, which is established under the official legal name.

155 thousand Hungarians submitted applications to establish

According to the ministry’s latest summary, 6,159,800 citizens of 27 EU member states residing in Great Britain have applied for the establishment by August 31, and 5,709,200 applications have been decided by then.

READ  This reduces the fossil energy support for Britain

The UK Home Office has rejected only 3 per cent of applications examined by the end of last month.

Poles and Romanians topped the list with 1,107,060 and 1,082,260 applications, respectively, according to a series of country-wise data showing the situation as of June 30.

As of June 30, 155,490 Hungarian citizens had applied for a permanent residence permit in Great Britain, according to Interior Ministry figures.