- Hero Capital continues its momentum and leads its third 2.3 million finance round to Dports inventor Blair Data
- Player Data aims to change the way amateur and professional sports teams train using data and wearable technology
- The Edinburgh-based launch marks Hero Capital’s fourth investment in dSports and affiliate fitness, and joins Swift, FitXR and NRVV in the fast-growing Hero portfolio with eight sports innovators in the UK, US and Europe.
Player Data, based in Edinburgh, United Kingdom, aims to change the way basic and professional sports teams train – through software, analytics, camouflage and wearable technology.
- In its first act, Player Data has already monitored 10,000+ team exercises and 50 million yards of amateur football and rugby, and these KPIs are growing rapidly.
- The US $ 2.3 million raised will be used to further enhance the growth of player data in a number of games and to expand the program internationally.
Player Data integrates a smooth user experience with machine learning in the field of game science.
- Player Data relies on a strong team network effect, with each club using Player Data taking the other five clubs to the platform.
- PlayerData’s AI algorithms make predictions before events occur, and the tools allow coaches to reconsider key moments of the game and play with different effects based on player status.
The announcement marks Hero Capital’s 12th investment in 2020/21 and fourth place in Comified Fitness and Sports Technology. Player data follows the beginnings in digital games FitXR (London), Swift (California / London) and NURVV (London) In Hero Capital’s portfolio, with eight companies from sports studios and sports technology in the United States, Europe and the United Kingdom.
Advances in digital gaming and network fitness
Digital sports and network fitness are particularly strong development sectors in 2020/2021. Global linked fitness revenue increased by 30% by 2020 and health and fitness utility downloads increased by 47% year-on-year to approximately 700 million, with a global focus on health and wellness during locks.
The industry’s unicorn stars include Peloton, Donald, Mirror and Heroes portfolio investment, Swift, as well as major strategic sports and healthcare divisions such as Apple (Watch 6 and Fitness +), Google (Fitbit), Nike (Nike app) and others. Worked with Swift to promote Hero’s leading investments in digital games:
FitXR: Leading VR Exercise Application & Service
- FitXR has made extraordinary improvements since Hero Investment, selling up to 10 times over the past two quarters and now surpassing $ 1 million per month;
- According to Mike Verd, Oculus VP has one of the “most incredible drag” and “highest retention rates”. Content [Oculus VR] Mark Zuckerberg checked the ** name on the platform, and on his latest podcast on VR / AR and Metawares, “The Information”.
* From B Bear to Bull: How Oculus Quest 2 Changes the Game for VR ”, Mike Verd, VP Content, Oculus 2. February 2020
** Mark Zuckerberg on Mind Reading, Apple and Race to Mainstream VR, 8, Mars 2021
NURVV: Leading provider of patented smart running insole and biomechanical data
- Since its introduction in the first half of 2020 NURVV run Creates data from more than 100 million footprints on runs over 125,000 km by athletes around the world, creating the world’s largest database of comprehensive running techniques;
- Olympic gold medalist and world record holder Dame Kelly Holmes joins NURVV as a global brand ambassador; American Olympic athlete Jared Ward, UK elite coach Harry Jameson, Financial Times, WIRED, Runners World and CNET all promote NURVV;
- With direct integration into iOS, Android, Garmin ConnectIQ, Strava and Apple Watch, the company is at the forefront of innovating, with unique features such as Speed trainer, veterinary trainer And Running health-Classification.
- “Knowledge is really power and in that sense NURVV is a game converter,” said Dame Kelly Holmes.
Player Data: AI-powered team performance
Roy Hotrabwan, co-founder and CEO of Player Data, is a former international archer who missed out on selection for the Thai national team for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Co-founder and CDO, Hayden Paul, is a Compsy firmware and cloud infrastructure expert who designed, developed and implemented the Sauce solution distributed to the Edinburgh Edge.
Commenting on Hero Investment, Hotrabwanan said: “Our aim is to provide clubs with comprehensive data and insights into team games, which will help them improve their tactics, improve players’ performance and prevent injuries. We use our site and big data to create biometric insights that are applicable at every level – from the grassroots to the Premier League. Thanks to team networking, the player data community is growing rapidly in the UK and abroad. Our ultimate goal is to implement advanced insights into wearable wearables that can be used by any team at any level and in any field. As an investment partner, Hero Capital shares the commitment to our mission. We were able to trust the confidence, advice and expertise of Cherry, Luke and Ian to further develop our vision.“
Hero’s co-founder Cherry Freeman says: “Player Data Meets All Our Needs: Massive TAM with over three million amateur clubs; Strong competitor in creating shared player data, machine learning and highly valid prediction algorithms; Consumer network effects and a very interesting yet economical corporate team. We are pleased to direct this round of investment by this exciting sports innovator.“
Luke Alvarez, Managing Partner Bee Hero, Choct:In a year that has accelerated the digital adoption of locks and kept all of us out of the gym, companies like Nerve, FitXR, Swift and Peloton have helped keep people healthy, healthy and biologically confident. Player Data is our latest exciting investment in this macro course that 2020 has enhanced connected fitness and is growing fast. “.
About Hero Capital
Hero Capital is a technology venture capital fund based in London and Luxembourg that invests UK, US and European innovators in sports, metawares technology, sports and digital fitness. Hero Capital usually invests in the post-seed phase of Series A and B. We also invest in pre-final content creators in areas such as sports, sports and digital sports and deep technology-based metawares. Cloud, mobile, streaming, big data, AI, wearable, AR and VR technologies.
We support the opportunity to grow experienced entrepreneurial groups with innovative technologies and content on a very diverse offer and on a very large scale.
We are investors in sports, sports and sports, they are simultaneously sports, sports and sports entrepreneurs. We are entrepreneurs who support entrepreneurs. Our main hope is that by the middle of the 21st century, sports, sports and digital sports will be a cornerstone of entertainment and economic and social life. We invest in the innovators who create this future.
The fund was co-founded by Tomb Rider publisher Eidos PLC Games’ former head of Nasdaq-listed Inspire Entertainment, Ian Livingston, OPE, CBE (partner), former co-founder, CEO and chairman Luke Alvarez (managing partner). Fighting Fantasy, author of the workshop and sports book series, and co-founder of the global community and e-commerce brand Lovecraft Cherry Freeman (partner). https://hiro.capital/
The original language in which the original text was published is the official and authorized version. Translations will be added for better understanding. Only the language version originally published is legally valid. So you have to compare the translations with the original language version of the publication.
View the original version at Businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210408005369/de/
[email protected] +447951080547
“Travel lover. Devoted music aficionado. Internet guru. Subtly charming tv fanatic. Unapologetic explorer.”