Laszlo Cuvier, Speaker of Parliament, imposed a higher fine of 9.6 million HUF on Peter Jakab. The Jobbik faction leader literally asked the ruling party:
What about slave law, rascals?
According to the rules of procedure, the president may order or warn a member who uses the authority of the National Assembly, the dignity of the session, insults or improper expression about a person or group, or any other such act. According to the parliamentary law, the president may withdraw the speech from the representative who violates the rules of the assembly, dismiss him or exclude it from the session, impose a fine on him, or reduce his fees. . The decision of the Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies cannot be appealed (which, by the way, has already been appealed to by the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg in relation to a previous complaint).
We chose a few examples because the right-wing MP’s speech was not the only insult in recent years in the House of Representatives, which is not being respected by the members.
- “It is not by itself that the ladies and gentlemen on my left can sit here in this house at all.” – Laszlo Cuvier referring to MSZP and DK representatives (April 2, 2012)
- “Your mouth is moving, so you lie! Quite simply!” – Ivan Nemeth Szilard (Fides) during the speech of Zoltan Lukacs (MSZP) (April 12, 2016)
- “You are one of the Jobbik, a radical nationalist party They had a kitty party. “ – Victor Orban, Prime Minister at Jobbik (March 17, 2017)
- “I honestly admit, I’m a little freckled, God forbid, I’ve never spoken to a lot of criminals in my life.” – Peter Jacob on Fidesz-KDNP Actors (June 4, 2018)
- “You have to lie because you stole so much.” – Banner text by Ákos Hadházy (Independent Actor) addressed to Viktor Orban (October 28, 2019)
- “The thieves themselves. The future, the opportunity, the thieves of a new world.” Ferenc Gyurcsany (Democratic) for representatives of government parties (May 17, 2021)
What do you think the low point was? vote!
(Cover photo: Ajpek Orsi / Index)