Newcastle United / Premier League: Leading English football clubs began a crisis meeting after Newcastle United fell into the hands of a consortium of Saudi background on Thursday. Premier League clubs say the perception of one of the world’s most watched leagues could “get worse” because of the deal: in the past, human rights advocacy group Amnesty International urged the PL to investigate owners and managers over human rights issues.
The consortium, which is buying Newcastle, is made up of a US$430 billion Saudi sovereign wealth fund (PIF) and companies called PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports and Media. The PIF had previously wanted to take over the club, but 14 months ago withdrew its £305m bid after the Premier League had not given its approval for the sale.
The situation changed this week because Qatar’s beIN Sports, owner of the Premier League, said on Wednesday that Saudi Arabia would lift the ban on the channel so far and would also halt illegal broadcasting services. It was also an important step for the Premier League to obtain “legally binding” confirmation that there will be a clear separation between the Public Investment Fund and the Saudi state, despite the fact that the head of the Public Investment Fund, Mohammed bin Salman, is heir to the throne in Saudi Arabia. The Arabian Peninsula. (MTI)
The British government can ratchet up pressure on rival teams and supporters, following the example of Newcastle in Sunday’s takeover and ownership rules (Sunday Telegraph)
Burnley’s 28-year-old defender James Tarkowski and Manchester United’s attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard may be among the first to arrive at the club (Sunday Telegraph). Coach Graeme Jones may replace him temporarily, but the new owners would like to ask Graham Potter, who runs Brighton, to replace Bruce (Sunday Mirror/Star on Sunday)
Manchester United: They may soon extend the contract of 28-year-old England defender Harry Maguire (Sunday Mirror)
Liverpool: They will bump into the edge of the world champion of Barcelona’s expired contract, 24-year-old Ousmane Dembele (Teamtalk) for free next summer.
England national team: England are not kidding against Hungary – they can stand with the best team at Wembley
Barcelona: Their French inner defenders, Samuel Umiti and Clement Lenglet, will be sold to the Catalans as early as January – partly to cut costs (Le Esportiu de Catalunya)
real Madrid: According to ABC, they may offer a contract to Antonio Rudiger in January – the 28-year-old Chelsea defender will expire in London in the summer of 2022.
Seville: Chilean England striker Ben Brereton, from the English second tier, Blackburn Rovers, 22, has been selected as he can replace 24-year-old Moroccan striker Youssef Nusairy, who could be ruled out by Arsenal or Tottenham (Teamtalk).
Juventus: He will also have to sell at least two of his most serious and high-paid footballers to Juventus to acquire 28-year-old world-class midfielder Paul Pogba from Manchester United (La Gazzetta dello Sport) the next day. summer free.
international: Inter acquire 30-year-old Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette or 23-year-old Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic in January (La Gazzetta dello Sport)
Borussia Dortmund: Large forces prepare to sign Austrian Red Bull Salzburg, 19-year-old German striker Karim Adeyemi (Sportbild)
The League of Nations: Italy won a bronze medal in addition to the gold – video
Paris Saint-Germain / Brazil: Brazilian Neymar said that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will be the last World Cup if his team succeeds in reaching the championship next year, in line with the papers and results so far. “I think this will be my last world championship. I don’t know if I will have the spiritual strength to play football after that. I will do my best to win with my country and fulfill my childhood dream. I hope you succeed” – said the classic Paris Saint-Germain, who has so far won the bronze medal in the World Cup with his country (DAZN)
“Amateur coffee fan. Travel guru. Subtly charming zombie maven. Incurable reader. Web fanatic.”