Robert Koch has released the latest list of dangerous areas that will come into effect on Sunday (March 21) for people entering Germany. This time again some good news was received, while most parts of Europe were classified as high incidence areas, thus tightening entry requirements.
Among other things, the United Kingdom and Ireland are no longer considered virus types, but only “high” or high-risk areas. Galicia (Spain) and the Portuguese part of Algarve are no longer dangerous areas. To this end, Bulgaria, Poland and Cyprus have all been classified as high-risk areas, and Curaக்கோao has recently become a high-risk area.
Classification of risk areas
Since January 2021, all risk areas have been divided into three categories:
- Areas of viral variation (with a large number of corona mutations)
- High incidence areas (200> new infections per 100,000 population in 7 days)
- Typical risk areas (50 to 200 cases)
All hazardous areas have a general isolation and testing duty upon return to Germany with a few exceptions. However, there are differences in the mandatory test depending on the correct classification. More about this in the Follow for Travelers section.
Renewal of risk areas from March 21, 2021
There will be changes announced today Effective Sunday, March 21 at 00:00. Anyone in any of the areas currently listed will have until 11:59 pm on March 20 to enter Germany under the old rules. However, the relaxation only applies from Sunday.
In the list of countries, we have linked the respective country pages of the Federal Foreign Office. You can find out about other terms there, e.g. To enter at any time.
The following countries are now considered More event area:
New Areas of risk They are:
Now for the good news – the following parts were made Degraded:
And the following areas No risk area Further:
Map of risk areas
Valid today (March 19) you can see the risk areas (without distinction between high incidence and viral variation areas) according to the RKI list in the following map. We will update them soon:
- Rot: Absolute risk area
- Orange: Partly risk area
- Green: No risk area
Until March 14, 2021
Node: If you move the mouse over individual countries with full clarity, the name will be displayed as a hint. You can zoom in more freely.
This work is licensed under one Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. The card can be used continuously and can be replaced if attributed Travel- Dealz.de If changes are made, the card will be issued under the same conditions. In terms of the public domain Blank map-world.
Impacts on travelers
The announcement of new danger areas is accompanied by travel warnings for the respective areas. This, in turn, means that international health insurance and other insurances no longer work. We have already explained to you in our article that health insurances still provide you with protection.
There are no uniform rules for isolation in Germany because more and more federal states are withdrawing. General rule:
- Entrance test must be performed. When this test is mandatory or performed it depends on whether you are coming from a regular risk area, a high incidence area or a virus variation area.
- Which tests are accepted depends on the situation in question
- There is an isolated obligation of at least 10 days (the period of isolation varies depending on the federal state, district and area of risk). If the test is negative, only the federal state of central Rhine-Westphalia does not require isolation for travelers from high-risk and high-risk areas.
- Isolation duty may be terminated in advance from the 5th day with the result of the isolation test. However, it depends on your state and where you are traveling from. Which tests are accepted will vary depending on the state.
- Digital Entry Registration (www.einreiseanmeldung.de) Can be done
- If the technical conditions are not provided (for example, no smartphone), then a record can still be submitted in paper form. However, you must report independently to the Department of Health after entering the country.
- There are exceptions to the rule of isolation: in particular, travelers, business travelers, etc. do not have to go into isolation. However, this depends on the regulations in the federal state. Here are the differences.
Meanwhile, corona entry rules vary greatly in individual federal states. In addition, there are changes every week. So we have decided to provide you only links to the respective pages of the Federal States. Inform yourself directly on these pages about your rights and responsibilities upon signing in.
We have linked the pages of the respective federal states where you can get information on the following:
When should the entrance test be performed?
- Typical risk areas: The test cannot be taken before 48 hours before departure and 48 hours after entry. The Department of Health may request a test result at any time notified within 10 days of entry. However, it is not mentioned on the RKI website, only on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health.
- More events: Passengers must have a negative test result In Submit entry. If you arrive by plane, this will be verified by check-in. The test result will not be more than 48 hours when you enter the country. Transport passengers are exempt from the test requirement.
- Virus Variations Area: Passengers must have a negative test result In Submit entry. If you arrive by plane, this will be verified by check-in. The test result will not be more than 48 hours when you enter the country. Transport passengers No. Exempt from mandatory testing. In addition, a Entry bar With exceptions. Holders of residency and residency in Germany can make all flights as usual. No other person will be allowed to enter Germany. Flights may continue to land, and cleaner airport traffic is allowed. Contains details of the full regulation and accompanying traffic ban Here As PDF.
The federal government is considering raising segregation for travelers from dangerous areas
According to the report Aero D. The federal government is considering raising segregation for passengers from routine risk areas. It is under discussion that a negative corona test upon entry may completely replace the forced isolation of at least five days ago.
For high incidence and virus variation areas, isolation will be mandatory. However, so far, these simplifications have not yet been decided. It is very possible that in the end nothing will change – especially since we were only talking about them today Corona emergency brake To pull.
Cover: Photo under CC0 license, pixe user ddzphoto
“Amateur coffee fan. Travel guru. Subtly charming zombie maven. Incurable reader. Web fanatic.”