Our article is constantly updated
Before we move on to streaming, let’s review the most important data.
- After 2005, the Hungarian women’s water polo team was again interested in the final of the World Championships.
- Then they managed to defeat the United States 10-7 after overtime.
- This time the opponent is the US team that has won the last three Olympics, and their opponent has only managed to score 5 goals each time in the finals.
- In the group match at the Tokyo Olympics, Hungary won 10-9, and from that match you can draw your strength against the towering candidate.
- The United States defeated the Spaniards in the quarter-finals (13-8) and defeated the Italians 14-6 in the semi-finals.
- Six of the US Olympic winning teams remained, and their most successful player was Stephanie Harralapides.
Attila Peru lost 10-9 to the Italians in their group, then beat Canada (11-7) and Argentina (23-6) to reach the quarter-finals, Australia (7-6) in the quarter-finals, and the Netherlands (13-6) in Semi-final 12.
The Hungarian national team has nothing to lose, as indicated by captain Rita Kistelly, it will be a holiday in their lives, because they rarely play finals. He also said that he would like to enjoy the atmosphere created by the local audience, five thousand enthusiastic spectators. Meanwhile, of course, they will stick to the opponent as much as possible and try to keep them under pressure for as long as possible.
There was a festive atmosphere in the stands, we even saw a participation only a quarter of an hour before the match. Hungarian fans paid tribute to three-time Olympic legend Tibor Benedek, who died two years ago, by raising a large banner during the national anthem.
First Quarter: 1-2
Vanda Valle brought the ball, we had a man advantage, but she missed, and the Americans couldn’t even shoot. Two and a half minutes into the match, Gréta Gurisatti scored the ball from two meters away from Szilágyi’s pass. Moselman tied from the lead. The next Hungarian attack was stopped, then Rybanska was sent off, and Mosselmann scored his second goal to change the score. (1-2) Maguar’s saves and Chistelly’s saves were absolutely necessary to keep the score at this level at the end of the first eight minutes.
Second quarter: 3-4
Valle put the ball back in, but we lost the man advantage again. We also defended well when they were at the back, and Kichteli equalized from six metres, hitting the ball into the bottom right corner. It was not possible to stop Mosselmann on the other side, he was also hit by the third blow. In the next Hungarian attack, goalkeeper Johnson blocked Keszthelyi’s shot from the upper right corner. However, the goalkeeper couldn’t handle the subtle snap of Gorisati, so we equalized the score again. Rybanska turned her guns over, but she disappeared under the water, could not shoot, the referees did not see any evil play, and when they returned, the galactic center was expelled. The Hungarian countered with a lightning movement in the man’s advantage. 39 seconds before the break, Stevens was left empty-handed, not making a mistake from close range. Garda’s shot in the middle wasn’t good, so the score stayed 3-4.