Although the organizing GSM Association insists that the largest annual event in the mobile world, the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, will be held four months apart from the usual time, at the end of June, more and more major exhibitors are saying no to attend the event.
Samsung will not be in person at MWC21 in Barcelona starting June 28, making this year’s biggest show in the mobile world losing out to another notable exhibitor. After the event, which was absent last year, the organization’s GSM Association said it insisted that the MWC could be visited in person this year, as per the security measures. The question is if there will be anything to visit at the show.
Previously, Samsung, Nokia, Ericsson, Oracle, Google and Sony announced that they would not be taking a stall to Bacelona this year and would continue the advertisements and vacations online. Regarding Samsing’s absence, a GSMA spokesperson said the organization understands the company’s decision and is looking forward to the Korean manufacturer of MWC 2022.